Sunday, January 2, 2011

In My Mother's Shoes

The older I get, the more like my mother I become...especially in the area of shoes.  My mother loved shoes!

Mom never bought cheap shoes because she knew the value of spending a little more and getting good quality. And she always got her money's worth out of them.  Mom kept her good shoes in their boxes.  The shelf in her closet was stacked with rows of boxes that housed her best shoes.


Wedding shoes!
 
Over the past few years, I've begun a love affair with shoes that would make my mother proud!  The problem is, I like my shoes to be cute, but I also want them to be comfortable. And that's not always an easy combination for me since I have very narrow, boney feet.  

I think I made an exception to my rule when I bought a pair of three-inch heels to wear to my daughter's upcoming wedding, but they were just too cute to pass up and they match my outfit perfectly!

I know lots of women think I'm being unreasonable in my shoe-buying demands since they are more than willing to sacrifice comfort for fashion. But I usually hold out for shoes that I can actually walk in.  So that means that when I find a pair of shoes that I like and they actually fit (and they're on sale because as I've said before, I'm cheap), I better buy them or I'll end up regretting it. 

So yesterday, my sister, Linda, and I hit the mall for a little post-Christmas shopping and I found TWO pairs of shoes that were cute, comfortable AND on sale.  The first pair I was actually looking for. I've kind of re-thought the idea of walking  around in three-inch heels all night long at my daughter's wedding and I've been on the lookout for a pair of comfortable flats that I can slip on for the reception.  Yesterday, I found them...cute little black flats with bows on the toes that will be perfect for my tired feet.  The second pair that I bought was totally an impulse buy.  But I could just hear my mother say that they were such good deals...

Anyway, these shoes were made for walking and as I walk into a new year, I need to be walking away from all shoe stores for a while!

No comments: