Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year Ahead

This morning, I was reading in the new devotional book that I bought on New Years Day.  As I flipped through the 365 writings that I will eventually read throughout this year, I paused long enough to wonder what this year will hold. 

We never know what events we will face as we start the journey into a new year. Looking back at what my life was like last year at this time, reminds me that change awaits me at every turn in the coming days.  That thought brings a mixture of anticipation and apprehension because this past year has had some wonderful, joyful moments. Most recently, however, it has had its times of struggle and deep pain.

As I walk through the next 362 days, I expect to embrace joys as well as face struggles just as I have in years gone by. And by the time I have finish reading the final writing in my devotional for 2011, I'll have added one more chapter to my life.  And it will have been as unique as each one that came before it.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Accepting what we can't plan for is always tough for me!
I wish you all the best in 2011.

sister sheri said...

Happy New Year! Bringing us closer to our Lord and Savior!