Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Smart" or "Chicken"

Well, here I am at my computer on a weekday morning when I normally would be at work.  I'll get to that in a minute. 

But for the moment, I'm just imagining what retirement will be like. Get up.  Brew a cup of coffee that I can sip while catching the morning news.  Check my email. Decide how I want to spend the rest of my day. Oh well, a girl can dream, even if it's not likely to happen for a long time!

The truth is, I'm at home waiting out the icy roads.  We had a couple of inches of snow in my little town yesterday.  And as much as driving in that freaked me out, I was a big girl and drove to work. 

But then we had freezing rain baptize our house last night.  And with temperatures nosediving into the 20s, I decided to take the weatherman's advice and stay put until a little later in the morning.

So here I am, having a leisurely morning before tackling the roads again and heading into the office. And I'm working hard to convince myself that it's because I'm "smart" instead of "chicken" that I'll be making this later commute.  Right.  I'll keep working on that one.

But in the meantime, I've already gotten two loads of laundry done and I'm lovin' that!

No comments: