Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Christmas Message and Facebook

I'm not on Facebook.  Nor do I have a Twitter account. I've never posted anything on YouTube.  In fact, attempting to write a blog continues to  be a technological challenge for me (as you can see by the fact that I couldn't get the video below to fit correctly!).

I have resigned myself to the fact that technology is here to stay and will continue to impact even more areas of our lives.  But the truth is, I will always be riding on the last float in this technological parade, casting a longing glance over my shoulder at how things used to be.

That being said, I was so moved and impressed by this YouTube video that I found posted on Jessica's blog, at Muthering Heights and Other Senseless Sensibility, that I had to share it here. 

While the church continues to debate the topic of how to remain relevant in an ever-changing world, I just want to offer the reminder that no matter how it is presented, whether from an angelic host, writings on a papyrus scroll or posted on Facebook, the message of the gospel is and always will be relevant and it does not change.

The world was in need of a Savior. And God in his boundless love offered his son, Jesus to come into this world as a baby and to die on the cross to save his people from their sins.  That is the unchanging message

But there is also an unchanging question. Do you know Him personally as your Savior? If not, now is the time accept God's offer of salvation.  Then after you do, please post it on Facebook.

No comments: