Friday, July 1, 2011

Summertime

Well, I did it.  I finally hauled out the little bistro table and chairs for our courtyard, all the while saying to myself, "I believe, I believe!"  Yep, I'm choosing to believe that the sun, that is forecast for the next several days, is just the beginning of the summer weather that we are craving.  After all, it's July 1, for crying out loud!

Last weekend, I went so far as to buy a new table cloth for the picnic table.  Now, I just need to get myself over to the nursery and find a few more plants to brighten the place up.  Because, darn it...I'm READY for summer! And if the weather people are right, we are even going to have a sunny Fourth of July!

You can be thankful that you can't hear me right now, because I'm doing a mighty fine rendition of "Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!" I figure it can't hurt...

2 comments:

cindy holman said...

I'm with you - our first really nice day was yesterday around Seattle - what's the deal with that? Another nice one today - we plan on taking a long walk and taking pictures of Mt. Rainier! Have a happy 4th!

sister sheri said...

Yippee! Two days in a row... so far! It might just be summer!