Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grateful and Brokenhearted

It's an odd combination of emotions that I'm feeling right now.  This week we had layoffs at my work and 150 people lost their jobs.  My heart and prayers go out to these coworkers and friends whose lives have been drastically changed.

I am very fortunate in that I still have a job.  I am so deeply grateful for God's provision in this.  I've believed all along that He is in contol and that belief would not have changed even if I had lost my job.

But tonight I'm struggling with battling emotions.  Because while I still have a job, it is not the same position that I have held for several years within a wonderful group of coworkers who feel like my family.  So along with the sincere gratitude that I feel, I am brokenhearted.  We have gone through so much together.  As a pastor of mine used to say, "We have tangled our heartstrings." I know that God put these wonderful people in my life and I have been blessed beyond measure through their friendship and support.

But in a few weeks, I'll move to another group of coworkers who are also all starting over.  I know there will be challenges and struggles but also new opportunties.  And I'm grateful for that.  But just for a little while, I can't help but feel brokenhearted.

2 comments:

sister sheri said...

That is tough! I definitely am not a fan of change. I like my comfort zone. Praying that God blesses you in this transition.

cindy Holman said...

So hard to do after bonding with your coworkers! I'll be thinking about you Laura!