Saturday, July 23, 2011

Remembering

It was five years ago today that dad went Home.  It was a release from a body and mind that had held him prisoner.  But thankfully, that is not how I remember him. 

In my mind, he will always be the man who cherished and honored his beloved bride of 45 years.  The loving dad who was proud beyond measure of his five daughers.  The grandpa who was crazy about his seven grandchildren.

He was a leader; a man of great integrity, intelligence, wit and humor.  He always stood firm in his beliefs, even if that meant that he stood alone. 

His legacy to me was an example of a life well lived.  Today, as I remember him, I know how blessed I was to have him as, not only that example, but also as my dad.


My handsome dad.

2 comments:

sister sheri said...

Thoughtful memories.

cindy holman said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Dad!