Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sisters' Shopping Spree!


Yesterday, my sister, Martha, and I did a little post-Christmas shopping. I had a great time, but then I always do when we get together. When you grow up sharing a bedroom, there's a certain bond that develops, and in our case, it's a wonderful one!


We started out at Nordstroms. My budget usually takes me to Ross, but once in a while it's fun to stretch the shopping boundaries!


We had fun trying on every pair of reading glasses in the store. Every single pair...including the ones that made us look like Harry Potter! We were stalked and accosted by a cosmetics salesperson who apparently felt that we were in desperate need of her services.


Putting aside our injured egos, we headed not to the cosmetics, but to the shoe department and then on to the sales racks. We took armloads of clothes into the dressing room and laughed as we tried them all on. It was delightful!


But the best part was not the shopping. The best part was simply having the entire afternoon with my sister. Martha and I know each other in ways that no one else does. We have years of tears and laughter that bind us together with a special love. Having a sister is truly a blessing. And I am specially blessed, because I have four of them! For that, I can only say, "Thank you, God!"

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

I love my sissy! The highlight last year was after over 10 years finally taking a vacation with her. She lives about 3,000 miles away... but we work hard to stay close.

Happy New Years!