Tuesday, January 12, 2010

His Vision

It was Vision Sunday at church this week. Our pastor shared with us the vision that God has given him for our congregation in the coming year. It is a vision for relationship with God and service to His people.

What a joy it is to know that God has a vision for not only His church, but for each of His children. How amazing to think that He trusts me enough to allow me to be a part of His vision for the world.

"Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and and Thou with me Lord;
Thou my great Father, I thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one."

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

It is so true that we perish without a vision... we need hope and a reason to look to the future. So glad that God knows that about us!