Monday, January 25, 2010

Costco - For the Budget-Minded Bride

I was checking my email before signing on to my blog and I came across the ubiquitous Costco ad. I usually get two or three of these a day, but I couldn't ignore it. So I "enabled the link" and there before me was the usual plethora of items for purchase.


However, tonight I found something I had never seen before. Tonight, I saw... the Costco wedding gown! Really! Nothing says romance like the giant big box store! It made me giggle as I realized that, these days, you can do your whole wedding from Costco and save BIG bucks.


Think about it. Wedding rings? Check. Flowers? Check. Wedding cake? Check. Reception food and drink? Check. And now...ta da...the wedding dress!


The one thing that troubles me a bit is the lack of dressing rooms. I mean, most girls like to at least try on the dress before they buy it. And somehow, trying to pull it on over your shirt and jeans and stand in front of one of those propped-up mirrors just wouldn't work for me if I was a bride-to-be!


Okay, I KNOW that the dresses aren't really at the stores. This is a special event that you sign up for. But I've gotta say, I'm liking this trend. After watching all the episodes of "Say Yes To The Dress" where all of the wedding gowns are at LEAST $2000 (ranging up to $10,000) I had begun to despair at the thought of ever getting a wedding dress for our daughter when it is her turn.


But thanks to Costco, Elizabeth can look forward to wearing a beautiful gown on her special day! And if she'll agree to get her dress there, I promise to buy her all of the frozen cream puffs she can eat at the reception!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Joy said...

Deal! I love me some cream puffs! :-D