Friday, September 30, 2011

Words of Wisdom

I've said before that I'm not a fan of Dr. Seuss.  But the good gentleman nailed it with the following statement:

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

I'm trying to take that to heart tonight.  Today was my last day in my old job, working with the team that I've been a part of for over four years.  Layoffs and cutbacks go into effect on Monday, and my old job is gone.

I was blessed to have shared the last few years with coworkers who became friends and then family. It wasn't my choice to leave,  but sometimes that's how life plays out. So I'll try on the smile...but I'll probably keep a tissue handy for a while.

Then on Monday, a new adventure begins.  Do you have some words of wisdom for that, Dr. Seuss?

4 comments:

cindy holman said...

I LOVE that quote and it's so true - good, bad, happy and sad - all of it we need to smile and remember...

The Guys said...

Just think...now you get to double the friends you will make into family with your new team, Laura. Go get 'em!

mjbarran said...

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." C. Robin to Pooh, AA Milne

Katie said...

How did Monday go!?