Friday, September 16, 2011

Gitz

I have been sitting here with tears streaming down my face for someone I have never met.  Yet if you look to the right of this post, you will find a link to her blog "Gitz," where I just read that she is going home to be with our Lord. 

I wish I could have known her in person, but through her courageous, sweet, funny and inspirational blog, she has touched my life.  Her name is Sara Frankl, "Gitz" and she is a young woman who has lived with a debilitating illness for years.  Unable to leave her home and in constant pain, she chose not to give in to those circumstances. Instead she has been an inspiration to so many who found her blog and have been encouraged by her life.

I "borrowed" the lovely green "Choose Joy" button from her blog because it was such a necessary reminder for me in my life.  I have a choice. I can choose joy in my life!

Tonight, I have spent quite some time reading her words.  And on the tab on Sara's blog that explains about chronic illness, I found the words that seem to sum up so much of who she is. It is those words that I leave with you along with an encouragement to spend some time with Gitz because you will be touched and and inspired by this courageous young woman.

"I love what I have instead of yearning for what I lack. I choose to be happy, and I am. It really is that simple, people. Start every day by being thankful and celebrate your life instead of devaluing it."   Sara Frankl

No comments: