Monday, April 25, 2011

Thirty Years Together

Bud,

Thirty years ago today you slipped a simple gold ring on my finger and it has never left my hand since that day.  With the following words, I also gave you a simple gold ring:

"Bud, I love you and want to be your wife.  I look forward to the years ahead and will try to make your life happier and more complete by sharing with you both the good and the bad.  I will seek to build our marriage upon Christ's example of marriage to the church by honoring and respecting you.  And with our Lord's help, I will try to always bring honesty, sensitivity and a sense of humor to our relationship.  As a pledge that I will faithfully keep these vows, I give you this ring."

Thirty years.  Two rings.  A love that has grown deeper with each passing year. When I look back over our life together, I realize how abundantly blessed we have been.  And while I cherish what has been, I look forward to what lies ahead...with you.

I love you,
Laura

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It started out with you and me and the Lord, together, the three of us on this adventure.

And then he made it the five of us with David and Elizabeth.

Just like our love, our family has grown and we are blessed with a new daughter and a new son, Monika and Joel. To that we add the sunshine of little Ella.

You, and me, and the Lord, now seven of us. I love you. Bud

Anonymous said...

Eight of us. The mind gets old.

Debbie said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful achievement! Anniversaries are just not celebrated the way they should be.