Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Life Moves On

The past couple of months have been a bit of an emotional roller coaster ride for me.  I look at my life and realize how crazy it's been.  But, for the most part, it's been crazy in the sweetest possible way.

It was just two months ago yesterday that I became a grandma.  That special title has yet to fully sink in.  However, I am nearly giddy every time I get to hold my sweet little girl.  Ella.  My granddaughter.  Ella. My baby's baby (warning: this is where the emotions kick in!).  My heart melts every time I hear my son, David, talk about "his daughter."  And I blink back tears when I see the darling look of concentration on her face when he starts talking to her and she immediately focuses her attention on her daddy.  Her daddy; my son. Life moves on.

Today, my daughter and I picked up her wedding dress and veil and I watched as the hairdresser did a "dry run" hairdo. When she pinned the veil into Elizabeth's gorgeous, thick hair I realized again that this is really happening.  My baby is getting married in four days.  In four days, my daughter will be Joel's wife. Once again life moves on.

When I think about how quickly my children became adults, I'm grateful for those fleeting years that I had with them... for the joys, the struggles, the lessons that were taught and learned.  And I'd like to say, that if you are in the early stages of this wonderful journey, drink deeply of this moment and savor it... for life moves on.

1 comment:

The Guys said...

Blink back tears is right, Laura. Your post has made me bawl once again and that song, oh, that song. I simply love reading your blog. Even though our lives are different and our kids are at different ages, it's amazing how much we relate. I am so glad to call you my friend.