Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just Hanging Out with Beth Moore!

Last Saturday was really all about weddings for my daughter, Elizabeth.  After having her own bridal shower in the afternoon, Elizabeth hosted the bachelorette party for her best friend, Katie, who is getting married this Sunday.  It was a quick switch from bride-to-be to maid-of-honor, but she pulled it off just fine.  As a matter of fact, the evening turned out to be even more special than she could have planned!

Since the girls for the bachelorette party were coming from different areas, they were all going to meet up at a Starbucks in downtown Tacoma before heading off to the restaurant. At 5:57 p.m. (I just checked my phone) I was blogging when I received a text from Elizabeth that said "We are talking to Beth Moore right now."  I responded back "What?  MY Beth Moore?" I didn't believe her until by phone buzzed again, and there was a picture of Elizabeth and friends with Beth's arm around her!

For those of you who don't know who Beth Moore is, let me explain.  She is one of the most dynamic Bible teachers around.  She has a heart for women's ministry, and has written a ton of wonderful Bible studies that usually include  a video component so you really get to know Beth.  And what a joy that is!  Beth is an absolute on-fire Christian who loves the Lord with all of her heart...and is an absolute hoot!  She is a Southern gal who loves fashion, big hair and all of her "Siestas."   After having done numerous Beth Moore Bible studies over the years, I feel like I know her personally (hence the "MY Beth Moore" comment!).

And on this particular weekend, Beth was holding a Christian women's conference at the Tacoma Dome. After the event, Beth and her gang just happened to be hanging out at Starbucks when they saw Elizabeth and her gang walk in.  When they saw Katie sporting her little bachelorette veil and sash, they had to make their acquaintance!  Check out Beth's account on her blog.  (Be sure and scroll all the way to the end of the post to see the picture of Beth with all the girls.)

I guess I sound a little starstruck here!  But the truth is, in the world of women's ministries, Beth Moore is a rock star in my book!  Not to mention the fact that Beth was lucky enough to make the acquaintance of my daughter and her fabulous friends! I'm pretty sure that Beth would agree with the last statement.  She's just that sweet!

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

Okay!!!! I am totally freaked out for you! How cool is that!!!!