Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dancing With The Who...And I Don't Mean The Band!

This won't take long. I promise. 

I admit that I used to be a fan of "Dancing with the Stars."  In the early seasons, I even had a couple of friends who faithfully came over to my house to watch with me. I also admit to having actually voted for Mario Lopez in season three.  C'mon, I loved those dimples and the guy can dance!

But for the last several seasons the use of the term "stars" has been pretty questionable.  And when they began advertising for this season, I found myself saying "Who?" with nearly every name they threw out there.
 
So last night I thought I'd watch just long enough to find out who these people were.  However, when I discovered that one of them was a Disney character...okay, was on the Disney channel, I figured I could move on.  Which I did.

Instead, I spent a lovely hour and a half watching the Masterpiece Theatre's presentation of Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility."  And for some reason, it didn't bother me a bit that I didn't know who any of the stars were in that show.  Go figure!

2 comments:

The Guys said...

No! Not Mario Lopez! That's too funny, Laura...Glad you came to your sense and sensibility... :)

Debbie said...

When Bristol Palin was deemed a star, I knew we were on a fast downhill slide.