Sunday, March 13, 2011

Here's to the Bride-to-Be!

Yesterday was bridal-shower-day at my house!  My daughter-in-law, Monika, hosted an absolutely lovely, fun family shower for my daughter Elizabeth.  While small and intimate, the aunts, cousins and a couple of next generation babies managed to celebrate the upcoming nuptials with plenty of food, and laughter. We even managed to lose our stick-in-the-mud-no-shower-games reputation and became fully involved in a couple of fun games.


Monika and Elizabeth digging in!
 

Elizabeth with Aunt Martha and Niece Ella :-)


When it was finally time for gifts, Elizabeth did an excellent job of making her way through tissue paper, gift bags and a ribbon here and there.  And the pile of housewares that appeared, had me picturing her setting up her own home.  Soon!

Next step...THE WEDDING!


Elizabeth in veil number one...a story for another day!


1 comment:

The Guys said...

What a beautiful bride-to-be! Laura, your posts just make me cry...this one makes me think about my kids setting up their own homes in a few decades. I guess it's never too soon to prepare for that, right...