Sunday, March 27, 2011

God's Sovereignty

These days, I have to keep reminding myself that the executives at my workplace may be making decisions about who they will layoff in the next few months, but they are not in control of MY life.  I frequently have to remind myself of that, because it doesn't always feel that way.  That's the funny thing about feelings...they often lie.

It doesn't matter how safe and secure I might feel or how at risk and vulnerable my job seems, God is sovereign and He is in control of what will happen in the days ahead.  He is in control.  No one else.  Just God.

But since my feelings like to mess with what I know to be true, it's wonderful when God brings me a reminder of His faithfulness and power.  He did that for me today when I read this blog by Pastor Ray Noah. If you're like me and sometimes struggle with concerns about what lies ahead, take a moment to read these wonderful words of assurance. 

God is sovereign.  He is in control.  And no decision made behind closed doors has the power to change the path that He has lovingly set before me.  And the best part?  He's promised to walk that entire path with me.  I won't be going it alone.

No comments: