Monday, December 28, 2009

It's The People

A friend of mine at work has a two-year old son who seems to have the blame game figured out pretty well. When he misbehaves and his mom asks him why he did what he did, his answer is simple. "It's the people." Apparently, it makes him sad to have to admit it because he says it softly and with a certain sense of resignation. But that's the bottom line...it's the people.

So it goes something like this. "John, why are you not eating your dinner?" "It's the people." "John, why did you you hit your sister?" "It's the people." Well, you get the picture.

Frankly, I think the child is a genius. Because, come on, it's usually people that get under my skin and make me act the way I do. I mean, really, it is! Okay, sometimes it's the computer, but that's just because I'm a big ZERO when it comes to understanding about computers. And once in a while, it's the sewing machine when I absolutely have to try to sew something because it hates me.

But think about it. More often than not, it's people who make us act in a less than stellar fashion. I mean, they wear on our patience and say and do ridiculous things at times. It's just hard to be around "people" a lot of the time. So, I'm right there with you, John. It IS the people.

The only problem with the whole thing is that I have this inkling that I'M "the people" in other people's lives at times. Darn. That's not as much fun.

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

Laura - Thank you so much for the thoughtful words you left on my blog.

How true... this boy is a genius! especially with the soft voice and the certain sense of resignation!

Praying you have a blessed New Year!