Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Am I Feeling Lucky?

This morning my flat iron wouldn't heat up very hot. So needless to say, today was a bad hair day. Then on top of that, I really, really needed a haircut. So at lunch, I called my hairdresser, and to my delight she was able to fit me in right after work. The only problem with that was I couldn't go to Costco to buy a new flat iron since I had a hair appointment.

As I sat in the chair, my hairdresser told me they were having an open house and that I needed to enter all of their drawings for free stuff before I left. Free stuff? Like what? Like a new flat iron!

The problem is, the drawing isn't until Saturday and today is only Tuesday. My old flat iron still heats up some...and I have a really cheapo one that might help get me by until the big drawing. So the question is, am I feeling lucky? I mean really, how many entrants can there be in this drawing? It's a small salon. My chances have to be pretty good and these flat irons are down right expensive. It's got to be worth suffering through a few questionable hair days, right?

But I don't want to get my hopes up. With my luck, I'll be the winner of the giant candy jar for guessing how many pieces of candy are in it. Really? I just don't need that. Oh, it's tough living on the edge like I do!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Joy said...

mom, take your flat iron back! It should still be under warranty! But in the meantime...I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you (I just taught my students that idiom yesterday ;-)

kate said...

Yea... don't you have a chi? They have a great warranty! But if not, my advice is to enter those drawings!! :)

Laura said...

My fingers are crossed and I've entered all of the drawings! Now I'll just wait and see...oh, and my flat iron heated up hotter again today!

Anonymous said...

Did you win?

Laura said...

Nope...but at least my old one is still hanging in there.