Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Abbreviated Decorating

So this year, I managed to decorate my house for Christmas with only three of my usual eight tubs of decorations. And one tub was strictly tree decorations!

I've been feeling overwhelmed with the whole decorating thing the past few years. And since our daughter, who usually is in our home over the holidays, is in Russia this year, I figured I'd try the "Cliff Notes" version of Christmas decorating.

And I'm delighted to report that, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in my house. In fact, it looks great! The tree is up, the garlands are glittering and it only took me a couple of hours. And I feel less stressed about having to take it all down again in a few weeks.

It's Christmasy and wonderful! So, sometimes, less is definitely more.

2 comments:

kate said...

Your house is always so cozy! I especially like the garland! Merry Christmas, Laura!!

Elizabeth Joy said...

Well lets do abbreviated decorating from here on out. No sense being stressed!