Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Whistling Wizard

Tonight I had a taste of what it's going to feel like when we finally get the call.  The "call" meaning our son, David, is calling to tell us that our daughter-in-law, Monika, is in labor. Her due date is a week from today.

So tonight, I was at physical therapy, doing exercises for my whimpy knee when suddenly I heard the "Whistling Wizard" loud and clear from the cell phone next to me. That is David's ring on my cell phone.  So when I heard the wizard whistling, my heart skipped a beat.  The only problem was that I had put my phone on vibrate before I started my session. 

Still, it took me a minute to realize that the cell phone I was hearing was in the woman's purse next to me instead of my own.  Okay, brief moment of disappointment.  But at least I've had my first taste of what it's going to feel like when the call comes. So, Mr. Wizard, anytime you want to start whistling is fine with me!

2 comments:

The Guys said...

I think you should download the Supremes "Baby Love" or something baby-like for David's ringtone so you can really get amped for the actual call. Can't wait to hear how crazy you are about little Ella when you finally get to meet her in the flesh! Exciting!

Debbie said...

That is so exciting! I am happy for you that it is almost time.