Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Friends Bouquet

Yesterday, my friends at work threw me a surprise "Grandma Shower!"  I thought my days of being the guest of honor at a shower of any kind were long since gone.  But they managed to pull this off without me having the slightest hint that anything was up.  And that wasn't easy since it was all set up and ready to go last Friday...the day Ella decided to arrive! So it was postponed and kept a secret for a few more days. It was so much fun and wonderfully thoughtful of each of them.




The decorations were wonderful. This was just one wall.  Like my tiara?
  



What a great cake...even though it had to be frozen so it would keep!





















Last night I sat down to write thank you notes for all of the wonderful gifts I had received.  And I started thinking about each of these friends who had gone out of their way to make this very special event in my life even more special. 

As I wrote each card, I thought about the "friendship history" that I have with each of these women.  Some I worked with when I first started at my place of employment.  Others I work with now.  All have shared joyful and painful times with me. And each one has offered strength and love in her own unique way...a way that no one else could.

With every thank you card that I wrote, I realized how each friendship is unique and special to me, just like each flower in a mixed bouquet.  And when I look at them all together, I see a "friends bouquet."  And it is absolutely beautiful!

No comments: