Monday, August 2, 2010

Weddings!

Well, they did it.  Chelsea and Marc are finally married and the rest of the country can now go back to their everyday lives. It must be tough to have millions of people trying to catch a glimpse of what most of us would consider a private occasion.  But I imagine Chelsea is pretty used to the publicity by now.  And who knows...she'd probably have been a little disappointed if everyone chose to watch baseball instead of trying to catch a glimpse of her special day.

All of the hoopla kind of took me back to 1981 when my husband and I got married.  Ours was a small private affair on an April afternoon.  Some of you may remember that there was another wedding that took place a few months later that year.  I think it was in Britain...yes, and as I recall...it involved Prince Charles and the soon-to-be Princess Diana.

I always felt a little sorry for the Prince and Princess, trying to pull off their nuptials in the shadow of our wedding.   But given the circumstances, I guess they managed.  Although, we were much better at keeping the paparazzi at bay.  I don't think they got one picture of me slipping through the crowds in a big floppy hat and sunglasses.  Just shows how discreet we were!

But now that the Clinton/Mezvinsky wedding is a thing of the past, I'll be focusing my attention on my daughter's upcoming wedding again.  I admit, that I was a bit sidetracked there for a few days.  But no more.  We've got a wedding to plan here!

So just for the heck of it, I'm  including a fun video by Francis Chang.  I played it for Elizabeth and Joel a few weeks ago and I hope they take it to heart.  You can never have too much romance in a marriage!

(If you have trouble with the video hanging up on one spot, just drag it a teensy bit past it and keep watching!)

No comments: