Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Hiding Place

I have some wonderful things happening in my life right now. And I give thanks to God for them. 

But as often happens, our blessings are often closely followed by struggles that are simply a part of life in this broken world.  And so it is in my life.  Right there next to the joyous blessings are some very tenuous and uncertain situations. 

The thing I need to remember is that they are not tenuous or uncertain to God.  And just as He fully knows the blessings He has chosen to shower on me right now, He also knows  the outcome to  the uncertainties that are touching my life.  And best of all, He has promised that I will never have to walk through them alone. He is with me.

During times like this, I am so thankful for songs that  provide an oasis from the struggles; that offer refreshment and renewed strength.  Songs like this one.

No comments: