Saturday, August 28, 2010

Be Still My Soul

My world turned upside down this week.  Just as with so many other workplaces, we had lay offs at my work.  My boss was laid off and suddenly, this tight-knit "family" of coworkers, who have shared so much together, was split a part.  The confusion, pain and sense of loss is intense for all of us.

It is in times like these that I am reminded how temporal and fleeting everything is in this life.  God never promised us safety and security in this life.  But He did promise that He would never leave us or forsake us as we travel through the pain and struggles of this world. 

So it is to that promise that I run today.  It is in that assurance that I must find my strength and confidence to move forward regardless of the pain. For I know that He is still in control.

No comments: