Saturday, June 5, 2010

Scattered!

I don't know what was wrong with me today, but I worked all day on getting my house clean. I was so scattered, starting on one task only to leave it to do something else. I had half-finished projects all over my house! Not how I like to do things.

It started like this. When I got back from my morning walk, I was going to fix some breakfast and eat out on our deck since it was our first sunny day in forever...yes, forever. But before I made it into the kitchen to put on the coffee, I was sidetracked by the bedding which I had stripped off our bed before I went on my walk. I figured I'd better get that washing now that my daughter was out of the shower and the washing machine wouldn't scald her when it filled up.

Somehow, rather than heading back into the kitchen, I ended up upstairs where I started to clean one of the bathrooms. But I had forgotten to bring up the broom and dust pan so I had to go back downstairs to the laundry room. However, as I passed through the hall, I noticed piles of mail that had been collecting on the table all week and decided to sort through it and throw out the junk mail.

After creating my "keep" and "toss" mail piles, I noticed how late it was getting and figured I'd better grab some breakfast. By now it was too late for coffee so I just had a couple of pieces of raisin bread and a glass of milk. Instead of sitting down and eating it like a civilized person, I stood at the counter where I noticed that the flowers that we had given our daughter when she returned from Russia, really needed to be put in a smaller vase with fresh water.

So I took a gulp of milk and shoved the last bite of bread in my mouth and proceeded to snip off the ends of the carnations. However, while I worked on the flowers, I noticed that I should really "mix" the coffee since the coffee containers were taking up space on my counter.

"Mix" the coffee, you might ask? You see, we have this little trick at our house. We take some of the "good" stuff and mix it with the "not-so-good stuff" which makes the "okay" stuff that we drink every day. What can I say, we're cheap and it saves a few pennies.

Anyway, I ran back to the laundry room to get a smaller vase for the flowers and noticed that the sheets were now ready to go in the dryer. So I stopped and moved them over from the washing machine, grabbed the vase and headed back to the kitchen. However, as I passed through the hall, I noticed the two piles of mail I had sorted earlier and stopped to take the "toss" pile out to the recycle bin.

Then it was back to the kitchen where I plopped the flowers in the smaller vase and moved on to the coffee mixing. But before I did that, I finished the rest of my breakfast milk which had been sitting on the counter all this time and by now was warm. Yuck.

I probably don't have to go any further with this because by now, I'm sure you get the gist. Like I said, I was scattered. And I'm exhausted.

Hopefully, tonight I'll get a good night's rest. I'll need it because I didn't actually finish my housecleaning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You make me laugh!!!