Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away!

It's been raining. A lot. I thought it was time to paint my toenails and pull out my sandals. But so far, rain boots have been the more appropriate footwear. We are already into the middle of June, and have yet to see temperatures hit 75 degrees. And the rain just keeps on coming.

If I needed any confirmation that it's really soppy around here, I found it. You know it's wet when a pair of ducks moves into your neighborhood and takes up residence in the water filled ditches along the side of the road!

For the past week, I've spied Mr. and Mrs. Duck, happily lounging in their new puddle-pad and looking right at home. It's not that I want this feathered pair to leave, but I'm afraid that if the sun doesn't come out soon, I'll have webbed feet to match theirs.

The weather service is hinting at a little break in the rain for the weekend. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some sun to brighten Father's Day. I don't think that even the ducks would mind that.

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

Oh... I hear you, sister!