Saturday, June 12, 2010

Off to Haiti

It was just a couple of weeks ago that I was praying my daughter home from Russia. Today, I'm praying my son and daughter-in-law into Haiti. They will be there on a mission trip, working to help rebuild homes and share God's love with people whose lives have been shattered.

Over the past few years, as I have watched my children step out in obedience to follow God's calling, I have seen His faithfulness time and time again.

But the other morning, I was feeling a bit apprehensive about all that was happening with my children. That's when God gently reminded me of three things.

First, He knows. God knows every little thing that will happen in my children's lives. Nothing comes as a surprise to Him. Nothing.

Second, He is able. There is not a single situation that my children could find themselves in that God isn't able to save and redeem. He's got it under control!

Finally, He loves. As much as I love my kids, it's a drop in the bucket compared to His love for them. I can trust Him with them. His love has them covered.

So, as I sit in my little house watching my children fly all over the world to serve Him, I'm reminded that it's all good. God is with them and I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments: