Friday, June 25, 2010

Be Still

It's quiet. Everyone has gone to bed. As I sit by myself, I feel the week's dirt and grim slip from me.

All the rushing and doing has stopped for a few hours, at least until morning's light slips through my window and it all starts again.

What would my life look like if the peace I feel at this moment enveloped me throughout my day. What if I simply refused to measure my step with the hectic pace that usually rules my days.

Would it really be terrible if I let a few things slip; if I said, "Sorry, but I just can't help you with that right now"? Am I as indispensable as I seem to think that I am?

What was that, Lord? What did You say?

"Be still and know that I am God."

I want to, Lord, I truly do. Please help me.

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

Good reminder... and I need to hear it again and again...