Sunday, May 2, 2010

Never Take It For Granted

After church today, I discovered I had a message on my cell phone from my boss. My boss doesn't call my cell phone so I was concerned when he started apologizing for the call. Then he told me the news... one of our co-workers had a stroke on Saturday night.

Our work group is comprised of only nine people, and we are all very close and supportive, so this is extremely difficult. At this point, we don't know the severity of the stroke. The doctors are doing tests, and our friend doesn't want visitors right now. So we wait.

As I pray for my friend, asking for God's healing, I try to grasp the fact that the healthy man I saw leaving our office on Friday is now in the hospital with an uncertain future. And I am reminded that life is fragile and can never be taken for granted.

No comments: