Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Anticipation

I love blogging. But I also love following the blogs of other people. Within the last month, I've rejoiced with two fellow bloggers as they have welcomed baby girls into their families. It was exciting to check their posts as the time got closer to the arrival of their babies. Then, finally after all of the anticipation, they were bringing their little girls home.

That's exactly where I find myself tonight, anticipating the arrival of my "little" girl. Elizabeth is coming home! A little while ago, I received an email from her which was sent from the St. Petersburg airport. She was checked in and waiting to board.

So, as I write this post, she is winging her way home to us from her nine-month adventure in Russia. On my end, it's been nine months of waiting. Nine months of anticipating this arrival. Pretty much what I was doing 24 years ago at this time. Only then, I didn't know it was a little girl that I was about to meet!

Tonight, sleep may be hard to find. I'll be counting down the hours until we can head to the airport. And just like my fellow bloggers, I'm ready to bring my little girl home!

2 comments:

sister sheri said...

Less than 12 hours! Sweet anticipation only comes second to that moment she is in your arms, again!

kate said...

I am so excited she is coming home!! I know it will be a sweet airport reunion! I love the Miles : )