Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cannon Beach


I shared a weekend with about 300 women who left their regular lives behind and descended on Cannon Beach, Oregon, for a wonderful Christian women’s retreat. The weather kept us guessing all weekend as dark clouds rolled in, bringing showers, only to be swept away so the sun could shine again.

There were eleven women in our group. Some I didn’t know before this weekend. Others, I had met at last year’s retreat, and the rest, I have been walking through the Scriptures with for the past two years as we’ve met for our neighborhood Bible study. But regardless of how long the acquaintance, before long, we knew we were all sisters.

So, I’m starting out this week, a bit tired from late nights and long car rides. But it’s a blessed tiredness. And the memories I have of wonderful fellowship, worship and teaching will get me through the week, as well as serve as a reminder that sometimes, we just need to leave our regular lives behind for a time of refreshment for our souls.

No comments: