Friday, April 30, 2010

We Need You Now

For the past few weeks, God has burdened by heart with the need to pray for this country's repentance. It seems that everywhere I look, I am assaulted by behaviors, thoughts and words that exemplfy just how far we have turned from God. It breaks my heart. And if it breaks my heart, then God's heart must be shattered.

As a nation, we have been showered with blessings. And we have taken them all in as if somehow, we deserve them, we have a right to them. And in so doing, we have become spoiled, ungrateful and rebellious children.

We're foolish if we think that God will allow this to go on forever. Without repentance, He will surely withdraw His blessing, and as a nation, we will deserve everything that comes.

But, I believe that it's not too late to repent. God hears the earnest prayers of His people who fall before Him in repentance. 2 Chronicles 7:14 tells us that very thing. As believers, we need to pray for this nation, perhaps as we never have before. The enemy is very happy with the direction we are headed. God is not.

This morning as I pulled into the parking lot at work, the following Casting Crowns song began to play on the radio. I turned my car off and just sat there in tears as I listened to the words. And I heard God once again call me to prayer because we need Him now. Please join me.

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

Agreeing with you in prayer... you are right it is not too late!