Friday, April 23, 2010

A Wedding Weekend

Last weekend, our extended family gathered on the Oregon coast for the wedding of my niece, Rachel, and her fiance, Aaron. Weddings are great. Weddings that burst at the seams with family are even greater. And weddings that include a little vacation get-away are among the best! So suffice it to say, it was a fantastic weekend!

Aside from the obvious joy of witnessing the marriage of two people who love each other, I also had the delight of watching my son perform the ceremony. As I squirmed in my seat, trying to see him as he led the bride and groom in their vows, I admit I was pretty darn proud! That was my boy up there!

Since the wedding was just a small, family affair, we had a wonderful evening of visiting, eating, laughing and posing for pictures. We all felt a bit like the paparazzi were snapping our pictures since EVERYONE had a camera and no one wanted to miss a shot. And I've gotta say, digital cameras rock! Delete, delete, delete!




So, that's my son, David, the "marrying man" on the left, his lovely wife, Monika, yours truly, and my husband, Bud, who looks as if he was just told he's footing the bill for the whole shindig (not yet, Honey!). Don't ask why we're all wearing black to a wedding! Sadly, we are missing our daughter, Elizabeth, in the picture. However, she did "attend" the reception from St. Petersburg, Russia, through the miracle of Skype! Yippee for technology!

So when it comes to wedding weekends, I've gotta say, I'm a big fan!