Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Six Months and Counting

When I looked at the date today, I was amazed to realize that it was six months ago this morning that my husband, daughter and I made a pre-dawn trip to the airport to put Elizabeth on a plane to St Petersburg, Russia where she was going to teach for nine months.

In some ways, it seems like years ago that we made that difficult trip. You can take a peek at all the emotions that filled that day here. But in other ways, I'm amazed at how quickly the time has gone. We are now down to only three months before we make another trip to the airport to pick her up! I can hardly wait!

From my experience, God has been extremely gracious to me during these past six month. For the most part, He has given me peace in letting go and trusting Elizabeth into His care.

And during the times when anxiety has threatened to grab hold, He has whispered assurances and comforted me in the knowledge that He is in control. He IS in control. I can't say that often enough! HE IS IN CONTROL. What a precious promise that is!

So, as I look ahead to the next three months, an old Imperials song comes to mind. The chorus goes something like this:

"He didn't bring us this far to leave us.
He didn't teach us to swim to let us drown.
He didn't build His home in us to move away.
He didn't lift us up, to let us down."

It's just another way of saying, He is in control for the rest of this journey.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Joy said...

Time is flying and crawling. It seems like forever ago that we were in the airport and yet I know it won't be long before that's exactly where I'll find you. Life is crazy, no?! I love you!

sister sheri said...

Wow! It will be here before you know it!