Friday, March 26, 2010

Convicted

I don't want to write this post. I don't want to put it out here for others to read; to look at me and expect something. This makes me squirm, pull at my collar and avert my eyes. It makes me own my failures, and admit that this is speaking to me.

I know all of this. God keeps reinforcing it through various ways. So I'm telling you, watch this video and read the following words at your own risk. Maybe for you, there will be complete peace. For me, I need to ask for forgiveness and to make a change.



In Mark Batterson's book, Primal A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity, he says, "Christianity was never intended to be a noun. And when we turn it into a noun, it becomes a turnoff. Christianity was always intended to be a verb. We've got to act on God ideas. We've got to obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit. We've got to seize opportunities to serve. Talk is cheap and we have cheapened the gospel long enough. At the end of the day, God isn't going to say, 'Well said good and faithful servant.' There is only one recommendation when everything is said and done: 'Well done, good and faithful servant.' God doesn't reward what we know. He doesn't reward what we say. He rewards the expenditure of energy....I wonder if we're so afraid of doing the wrong thing that we never do the right thing."

I admit that for me, this stings. It convicts. I know I need to "expend" some energy on behalf of the Kingdom. I also know it's not going to be easy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Laura,
Thank you for sharing your blog with the world. Sometimes I consider it my very own place to go for a devotional or a blessing, and it always is! It's interesting to me (from what I know) how much of a reflection you and Buddy are of one another and of Christ most importantly!

I read about your daughter in law also and it gave me pause as I will be gaining a son in law in 69 short days. He really loves our daughter and I hope one day we will be good friends.

I hope you have a good week. Thank you again for your words, God Bless.
Beth

sister sheri said...

Wow! Thank you so much for writing this post! How true is that?!!!

I've only heard of Francis Chan. I've purchased one of his books... looks like it might be time to get a little reading done!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Primal!