Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's Cookin'

Okay, so it's HOT! And I'm not just being some whiney Washingtonian complaining because it is 75 degrees and I don't have an air conditioner.

The heat wave started rolling in at the beginning of the weekend. And from what all of our doppler-informed weather people are telling us, that was just the beginning. By Wednesday, they say we'll be flirting with 100! Frankly, I don't want to flirt with anything or anyone in the sticky-sweaty-all-my clothes-stuck-to-me state that I'm in. But 100 could be a record breaker for that date.

Now, here's the really great part. I'm going to work tomorrow, to my air conditioned office where I will need to bring a heavy sweater to put on over my light weight sleeveless blouse in order to not end up with freezer burn on my arms. Yup, there just doesn't seem to be a happy medium. Oh, well. Before I know it, the day will be over and I'll be home again trying to sleep in my second story bedroom that has done a great imitation of an Easy-Bake oven for the last three days.

Lest you think I'm complaining, I'm really not. I admit that I'm not really a HOT weather fan, but I do so prefer HOT over COLD and ICE which was what seemed to hold us captive all of last winter. So, this evening, as I reclined in my lovely new lawn chair on the deck, just hoping to catch a little breeze, I imagined what my deck looked like last winter, covered with that nasty white stuff. And suddenly, I didn't mind a little sweat and stickiness!

Of course, if you ask me how I feel about it by Wednesday, my story might have changed. After all, I have a limited supply of shorts and tank tops. Which probably means that I'll need to go shopping!!

No comments: