Saturday, July 11, 2009

Walking by the River

Today has been absolutely beautiful! Beautiful and hot!! My husband, daughter and I went for a walk along the river on the Orting trail this morning. It was wonderful to spend some time together as a family before Elizabeth heads for training in California on Thursday. She will be learning everything she needs to know for her year in Russia, at least I'm pretending that she'll learn EVERYTHING she'll need to know.

But, back to this morning. It was scorching hot out there on the trail (don't I sound like the real outdoorswoman!). Finally the path wound around so it was following the course of the river. The milky, mountain water at least looked cooling even if we couldn't get out to it. And it was much nicer to be there than to be cleaning house or doing the yard work that I should of been doing.

At one point, we found a shady spot along the trail and stopped to eat some Rainier cherries I had brought along. They were so sweet and delicious. A real summer treat!

So, I've gotta say, I'm a fan of summer. And no doubt about it, today was summer at its best!

No comments: