Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Knock, Knock!


KNOCK, KNOCK!!  Is anyone still there?  Well, I wouldn't blame you if you're not!  I know it seems like I simply jumped ship and deserted this blog.  But, trust me, it wasn't intentional!

Life just kind of got in the way of blogging, and I'm not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.  Either way, it's what happened. But just so you know, I have written so many posts in my head during the past two months when I was missing...and they were fantastic!  Insightful. Humorous. Powerful.  Totally life-changing!  Uh huh. Well, they might have been if I'd ever made it to my computer to actually write them.

It wasn't just my blog that I ignored...I pretty much did the same thing to my email.  I simply haven't had the desire to sit in front of a computer any more than I already do at work. 

And I'll be honest, it was refreshing.  It was freeing to not even want to go online.  It was what life was like just a few short years ago before everything centered around computers, smart phones, tablets etc.  There used to actually be down time spent with the people who were right there with you!  Don't get me wrong, I love being able to stay connected with friends and family who are a far away.  But sometimes, I think that happens by sacrificing time with the people who are here with me now. It's good to find a balance.

I guess I can't promise that I'll be here on this blog as regularly as I once was. But I hope to get back into some kind of routine mostly because I love to write.  But also because I was surprised to learn that there are actually a few folks out there that read this, and have missed it while I was gone!  What a delightful discovery that was for me!

So, if you'll just open the door and let me in again, I'll try not to become just some lazy guest.  I promise to try and do my part by sharing with you what life continues to teach me!

3 comments:

sister sheri said...

Welcome back! Sometimes those posts we write in our head are pretty incredible! Wish I could get them on the page...

mjbarran said...

Nice to "see" you.

The Guys said...

Oh thank goodness you are back!!!!!!