Wednesday, July 4, 2012

When God Rings the Doorbell

I have a dear friend, Gwyn.  We don't see each other very often which is a shame since we practically live in the same neighborhood.  I guess we let the busyness of our lives interfere.  But no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other, there is always an instant connection when we get together.  We are simply there for each other.

Today, I busy doing things around the house when the doorbell rang.  Not my favorite thing since that usually means someone is going to try to sell me something when I open the door.  But today, It was my friend Gwyn standing on the porch!  She stepped in the house and said that she couldn't stay long but she just wanted to tell us hello and wish us a Happy Fourth of July.  What a wonderful surprise! 

One of the things I love about my friend is that she is a prayer warrior and I know I can count on her when she says she'll pray for me.  And I need some prayer right now.  I haven't been feeling well for the past few days.  A trip to the emergency room didn't reveal anything.  Neither have two visits to the doctor's office.  But when Gwyn showed up on my doorstep, I knew that she hadn't accidently stopped by.  Whether she knew it or not, God had sent her over to pray for me...which she did! 

I still don't know what is going on.  But one thing I do know is that, sometimes, God rings the doorbell and when I answer it, there is a person standing there completely unaware that they look exactly like Him.

No comments: