Sunday, September 9, 2012

News from the Summer!

We've had a pretty busy summer.  Some of it wasn't so great as I waded through several health issues that took some time and effort to pin down.  But for the most part, I'm plodding along pretty much the same as before all of that.

Fortunately, the summer also had some wonderful events. In July, Bud and I managed a much anticipated visit to our friends, Paul and Martha, in the mountains of Idaho where we visited, slept in, ate, read, watched the birds, visited, slept in, ate, read, watched the birds...AND played a few rousing rounds of Bananagrams.  It was AWESOME!

We also had a quick but wonderful visit from our daughter, Elizabeth, in August.  During her very brief stay, we were able to have am extended family get together as well as plenty of time for Elizabeth to reconnect with the ever-darling niece, Ella. So fantastic!

At the end of August, my four sisters and I headed out on our annual long weekend in Whistler B.C.  The weather forecast hadn't looked very promising, but we lucked out and the sun shone every day.  As usual, we ate, read, watched movies, gabbed and had a totally relaxing time (and I also talked them into playing Bananagrams too!).  I have great sisters!

My husband, Bud, spent a month putting in french drains in our back yard in an effort to turn it from the swampy mess it becomes during the winter, into a normal, usable back yard.  To say it was a major undertaking would be a HUGE understatement.  I could tell a few stories of just how HUGE, but it's best not to go there!  Just this morning, we finished filling in the trenches, slightly ahead of the predicted rainfall!  My husband is my hero!

And last, but not least...on Father's Day, we got the news that...


ELLA IS GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER IN FEBRUARY!
 
Yep, we're all pretty excited about that!  In just a few more weeks, we should know if it's another granddaughter or our first grandson.  Doesn't really matter, it will be wonderful!

So, as I get ready to close the book on another summer, I am once again astounded at how fast it went!  It's a bit hard to let go since summer took such a stinkin' long time getting here this year.  But there's that definite coolness in the evening that reminds me that autumn is just around the corner and a part of me is starting to embrace it.  Afterall, to everything, there is a season... so maybe we'll play Apples-to-Apples this fall!

1 comment:

The Guys said...

Congratulations!!!!! What wonderful news!!!!! Ella is just a doll...oh my gosh!!!!! Lite to look forward to my friend!