Monday, September 27, 2010

Pink

I've always liked the color pink.  My sister and I shared a pink bedroom growing up.  I still remember the name of the color of the paint...it was called "Shrimp."  Fortunately, it didn't look like the color of any shrimp I've ever seen.

There's just something about pink that makes me feel safe and secure.  I suppose that's silly but maybe it harkens back to wearing lots of pink when I was a little girl when I felt safe in my parents' care.

Anyway, I was wearing pink today.  And it turned out to be very appropriate because my son called with the wonderful news that our grandbaby is actually a GRANDDAUGHTER!  I'm thrilled... of course, I would have been thrilled with a boy also!  But now, I have an excuse to buy lots of pink...not to mention ruffles!

1 comment:

kate said...

yippy! I voted girl : )