Sunday, May 27, 2012

Heavenly Thoughts

I never used to think about heaven very much.  Of course as a young child I learned about heaven in Sunday School. And as a born-again Believer, I rest in the knowledge that it is my future home.  But I've never spent too much time thinking about just what it will be like when I get there.

However, the older I get, the more I experience a sense of anticipation when I think of heaven.  Don't get me wrong, this isn't some morbid wish to be done with my life here, although there are days when the weariness of living in this world strikes deep into my soul.

Rather, it's simply that every now and then, God gives me the briefest glimpse of what it will be like to spend eternity worshiping and praising Him, and it makes me excited! I had one of those glimpses the other day.

As I drove to work on a glorious sunny morning last week, Matt Redman's song "10,000 Reasons" came on the radio.  While singing along with the music, I was suddenly overwhelmed with what it will be like when I am joined by countless other saints in heaven worshiping and singing God's praises forever.  It was breathtaking!  Yet it was just a preview of coming attractions, and I for one, can't wait to see the real thing!

No comments: