Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Confession

I have a confession to make;  I might as well just lay it all out there. I have blogger-envy.  It's an embarrassing thing to admit, but it's the truth. 

I love reading other people's blogs.  I often lose track of time as I flit from one blog to another, relishing the insights, humor and advice that I find inhabiting the words of so many wonderful bloggers.   I love it!  And I hate it!

When I read a beautifully written post that encourages and inspires me I think "What?  Why didn't I write that?"  Or when I laugh at the humorous experiences of some hilarious blogger I wonder, "How come I didn't come up with that?"  It's painful.  It truly is.

The truth is, I am an accidental blogger.  I never planned on writing a blog.  But one Sunday night in November of 2008, my daughter happened to be home.  She had recently started blogging and thought that I should give it a try.  So while I watched with amazement and trepidation, she set up "In The Midst" and immediately handed over the keyboard to me. I loved it! And I hated it!

It's a joy to have a place to deposit the countless thoughts that swirl around in my head on a regular basis.  There is such satisfaction in pulling together ideas in a way that can be shared with others.  It's a pleasure, pure and simple. I love that!

But then there are other times, when nothing comes.  Zero. Zip. Not a single thing.  I struggle to think of something, anything to write. And I hate that! 

That's when I usually hit the other blogs.  And that's when the envy begins.  So there you have it. Blogger-envy. 

I hope that all of you wonderful bloggers recognize your role in this. If you weren't such great writers, I wouldn't have this problem.  But the bottom line is this:  I love you!  And I hate you...just a little!

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

HILARIOUS! Sometimes our real thoughts are so well... REAL! Aren't they? Glad we share this blogger world together, my friend!