Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's Today!

It was 31 years ago today!  That's when my husband and I made that long walk down the church aisle to a new life together.  Friends and family gathered to help us celebrate that special day.

Then a few short weeks later, we headed south to a new home in the middle of the Mojave desert. As we drove down the freeway, my new husband said, "We're on an adventure, just the three of us...you, me and the Lord!" That adventure took us to Twenty Nine Palms, California, home of the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center.  A little bit intimidating!

But life in the desert had its charms...waking up to sun streaming in the window every morning, no traffic jams since the town only had one stop light, and best of all, a two year honeymoon for just the two of us...oh yeah, and the Marine Corps!

While I missed my family back home like crazy, I wouldn't have traded those early days of just "us" for anything, because it gave my husband and me the chance to become our own family.

Now, 31 years later, we look back and bask in the blessings of those years!  Family and friends who have enriched our lives beyond measure.  Heartaches and joys that have molded us into the people we are today.  And the continuation of that adventure with "just the three of us"... and everyone else we love!



1 comment:

The Guys said...

Congratulations! You are wonderful people with hearts of gold!