Friday, December 2, 2011

Vacation!

I decided I'd better do a little something about my recent vacation to Southern California before I totally forget what I did there!  Tomorrow it will be two weeks since I returned from a wonderful week-long visit with my daughter, Elizabeth. And while I could go on and on about it, I think that I'll let a few pictures tell the story!


The first of several trips to Starbucks...like old times!  However, I learned that not everyone who frequents Starbucks in California is nice.  Yes, there is a story behind that!


A little cheap entertainment and relaxation!  When was the last time YOU did a jigsaw puzzle?  It's been years for me and I loved every minute and every stiff neck that resulted from it.


So this was "Burger No. 1"  after church on Sunday at the "famous" In- N-Out Burgers. Delicious burgers; wimpy fries!

This was "Burger No. 2"...mind you, that's half an order...from a cute little restaurant in Claremont. By the way, there is no picture of "Burger No. 3" since it was from a McDonald's outside an outlet mall...not really photo-worthy. :)


Surprise!  A free trip to Disneyland, courtesy of Elizabeth's wonderful neighbor, Mike, who works there and shared his Friends and Family passes with us.  Yep, it is still the happiest place on earth...especially when you walk in for free!


What can make the happiest place on earth even better?  Decorate it for Christmas, of course.  This was only the third day that the park had been all decked out for the holidays.


My first trip to California Adventure...also free!  We rode the Mickey ferris wheel but got short changed on our ride. Oh well...did I mention it was free?


The nice lady who took this picture for us didn't quite get the concept.  We wanted the castle right behind us.  You'll have to use your imagination...


Waiting for the Christmas parade for a VERY long time while sitting on a VERY hard curb.  But it was worth it, just to feel the Disney magic again.


And finally, a little crafty relaxation at home, making a Christmas wreath for the door. Truthfully, those were some of my favorite times, just being with Elizabeth in her own home.  That and the dozen or so trips to Target and various other shopping expeditions.  What can I say...it was the perfect vacation!