Friday, June 17, 2011

A Friday Night Thought...

Yesterday I learned that layoff notices will be going out at my work starting the week of July 11.  Around 185 people will lose their jobs.  There's a part of me that wants to yell, "It's not fair!  It's not suppose to be this way!"

Tonight, I read this quote from an email my husband had sent to me the other day.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

In the coming days of pain and upheaval for so many people, I want to make the difference.  What are the circumstances of your life that are not the way they are "supposed to be" but where you have the power to make the difference?

1 comment:

The Guys said...

What wise words...kind of like that Lena Horne quote we put in that first wellness blog for work..."It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it..." or something like that...Love and miss seeing you, friend. We'll be okay...either way.