Thursday, November 11, 2010

We Salute You!

Today is Veterans Day.

As the wife and daughter of two former Marines, (not ex-Marines, I learned the hard way there is no such thing!), I am especially grateful for the service and sacrifices that our service men and women have made to preserve the freedoms we enjoy in this county. 

It is easy to take for granted the liberties that are ours in America.  But they did not, and do not come without personal cost to those who have chosen to defend this country and to their families as well.

Today, take a moment to acknowledge the sacrifices made by our military personnel and their families throughout this country's history.  Without them, we would not enjoy the freedoms that we do today.

So, on behalf of a grateful nation (and wife and daughter), I say "Thank you" to all of our veterans for their service to this country.

2 comments:

sister sheri said...

I am so glad to salute our military. I have been trying to acknowledge them on my blog and through FB over the different holidays.

Now, I think I am ready to move to the next step. Christopher's school is collecting items to be sent to the military in Afghanistan. So, we are going to be part of that. Just a little way to love in word and deed!

Debbie said...

Sorry I missed this on Thursday but it is a lovely tribute.