Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and my husband and I shared it with our dear friends, Paul and Martha. I spent the afternoon preparing a special dinner for the four of us. But before starting the cooking, I dug through closets and drawers to find candles, hearts and anything red that I could use to enhance the Valentine mood. It was fun to really get into the spirit of the day!

A few years ago, Paul and Martha celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary so I felt like we were in the company of true Valentines! As a retired pastors, their lives have been dedicated to loving and serving others, yet their own love story is so sweet. After all those years, their love is still strong, joyous and growing. The verse "And the two shall become one" is flawlessly lived out in their relationship. And it is a joy to witness.

Thank you, Paul and Martha, for making our Valentine's Day so very special!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Joy said...

You are so cute. I love that you do special things for people. I love you!